• 0回复

abercrombie roma negozi Wilson vs [复制链接]

上一主题 下一主题
离线y0be2iau

只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具 楼主  发表于: 2015-05-13
关键词: airmaxsoldes,
Wilson vs
jump to contentmy subreddits
limit my search to /r/mathuse the following search parameters to narrow your results:see the search faq for details.
So I work between math/physics and bio, it really isn as much of a handicap as you think. Yes, I love it if every tiffany outlet opinioni bio paper did nike tn officiel thorough modeling/theoretical analysis, but in reality a lot of the results are pretty obvious if the experiments are done very well.
A typical biology paper will be about something along the lines of "We show that gene X is necessary for proper development of drosophila embryos, if it is knocked out then mutation Y occurs". The paper then proceeds to do experiments with well thought out controls and show that this gene that might not have had a known function is in fact important.
One thing a lot of people in physics/math have trouble understanding is that biology data really isn at the resolution of the other natural sciences. The systems are MUCH harder to control and there are so many factors that contribute to nike tn pas cher variation that it is often difficult to get fine grained data.
The data is getting better and better, which is why more quantitative nike tn pas cher chine work is being done, tiffany outlet online however if you go back more than a decade or two the experimental setup wasn sophisticated enough to verify a precise model even if you had one. Imagine if Gauss had invented general relativity. Even if he was right, they still would have been decades away from being able to measure Nike Air Max Homme Pas Cher the perihelion of Mercury or gravitational lensing during an air max pas cher homme eclipse with enough accuracy to know if the theory was right. Wilson has a really really dated and condescending viewpoint, however in hogan outlet roma the context of the scientific atmosphere air max soldes in which he spent most of his life, his views aren historically unjustified. The fact of the matter is, biology is probably closer to Copernican physics than modern physics. That is why it is so interesting, all these really fundamental problems in biology air max tn pas cher are still up in the air and are just starting to be understood in a air max pas cher rigorous manner.
Same with biology, despite what a lot of people believe there are some biologists I met who are really incredibly knowledgeable with statistics and nike tn pas cher france can make really impressive inference tools from pretty unruly data. My point was that, burberry outlet online italia though biologists aren using calculus and using standard tools from math and physics (though I could show you some papers from control theorists working with biologists that do some impressive calculations), that it is not because they are too stupid, but that those aren the right tools to solve the problems tiffany outlet milano that have traditionally shown up in biology.
Sorry for all the abercrombie italia ranting posts, but unless you really work with biological problems and understand the systems and data that biologists work with, it is unbelievably unfair to measure them against unrelated fields. O. Wilson against requiring math and tn pas cher necessarily starting abercrombie roma negozi scientific investigation with math. Some of what he says in that article could be considered objectionable or plainly wrong, but the basic point that observations and reason are often all that is needed is solid.
It is also worth nike tn requin pointing out that math and biology coming together is the responsibility of boutique louboutin paris both sides. Why should anyone listen to him when he doesn understand boutique louboutin paris the reasoning behind his own scientific arguments?
相关的主题文章:

scarpe hogan outlet Grow Your

abercrombie milano sito uffic

air max soldes bonding for pr
快速回复
限100 字节
如果您在写长篇帖子又不马上发表,建议存为草稿

上一个 下一个